an extension of: artandconservation.net

Sunday, May 15, 2011

first


i painted this shortly after a very emotional experience. i think that, for the first time, i managed to let myself go. this work was done in a relatively short time (less than 2-3 hours) and without any preliminary sketch, not even a preconceived idea of the end result. ultimately the whole point was to capture my inner self and produce a relic of an important event that i had just experienced. i felt the need to do this painting as soon as possible, whilst the entire experience was still fresh in my mind. i definitely wont let this painting get away from me, ever!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece! Well done. Sometimes, at least in my case, some of the best work is a result of extreme emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Dave....talented and artisitic :) congrats

    ReplyDelete